On Tuesday, Aug. 12, Floral Park Village officials are scheduled to sign the contract with a general contractor, awarding the bid to begin the planned improvements and construction to the Floral Park Recreation Center pool. Construction is scheduled to begin as soon as the pool closes for the season, on Sept. 2. According to village officials, the bulk of the construction will likely be completed before the start of winter, with minor improvements scheduled before the 2015 season reopening in mid-June. Surrounding residents are expected to receive updates and notifications on the work progress, noting any temporary inconveniences during the process.
Here are some of the planned improvements:
Complete removal and replacement of existing concession area deck, pool deck, main pool and wading pool. Main pool to be free formed and include lap swim area, general swim area, diving area and zero entry area. Proposed wading pool to include zero entry area and spray feature.
• Replacement of all existing pool drains and piping under the pool deck, reuse existing filtration system within bath house building.
• Proposed plunge pool with white water slides.
• Proposed underwater lighting and pool deck lighting conforming to current county health department standards.
• Proposed octagonal shade pavilion.
• Enhanced concession/eating/upper deck area.
• Added alternates include: splash pad, dancing water feature by shade pavilion, replacement of existing pumps inside bath house building, additional fences along LIRR boundary.